Ten of the Best Storybook Cottage Homes Around the World
These 10 fairy tale inspired cottages with their hand-made details call to mind the tales of the Brothers Grimm and other fantasy stories. All of these cottages are real-life homes from around the world. From stunning cottage houses to mystical stone dwellings, these 10 storybook cottage homes provide inspiration and inspire the imagination.
- Hobbit House - Rotorua, New Zealand
- Winckler Cottage - Vancouver Island, Canada
- Akebono kodomo-no-mori Park, Japan
- Wooden Cottage - Białka Tatrzańska, Tatra Mountains, Poland
- Blaise Hamlet - Bristol, England
- Willa Kominiarski Wierch - Zakopane, Poland
- Forest House - Efteling, The Netherlands
- Cottage in the Hamlet of Marie Antoinette - Versailles, France
- Cob House - Somerset, United Kingdom
- The Spadena House - Beverly Hills, California, United States
(Source: odditiesoflife, via shes-lost-in-the-stars)
Luzon Bleeding-Heart (Gallicolumba luzonica)
is a species of ground dove native to the islands of Luzon and Polillo in the Philippines. They get the name bleeding heart due to a unusual splash of blood red feathers on the center of the birds chest making it look like the bird has received a wound and is bleeding out, this illusion is enhanced due to a reddish hue of feathers on the bird’s front which almost look blood soaked. This species behaves in a similar fashion to other ground pigeons in that it eats mostly eats seeds, berries and grubs and is very secretive almost never leaving the forest floor.
(Source: astronomy-to-zoology, via blottedout)